Welcome to the Isanga Bay interactive map and directions page. The final beacon on this map indicates the point from where you will find the parking area for your vehicle during your stay at Isanga Bay. Please type in your departure address at the bottom of the map and click on the GET ROUTE button. Please note that we do not take any responsibility for any route or distance calculations that might be wrong. The use of this map is at your own discretion.
Local flights on Pro Flight from Lusaka to Kasama from here the lodge can arrange a road transfer to the lodge.
Charter Flights to Mbala on a Cessna 208 caravan - contact for details.
Taking the boat:
Isanga Bay Lodge is situated 18 km from Mpulungu in the Northern Province on Lake Tanganyika.The boat trip from Mpulungu to the lodge takes about 30 min, in good weather. The boat transfer cost is $100 one way. Vehicles are parked at the missionary school in Mpulungu.
To get to the parking area:
- Go past the Engen filling station
- Go over three speed humps carry on past the Finance bank
- Turn right at the first tar road after Finance bank
- Carry on with the road you will pass the new bus station, fishing companies and Ngwena market on your left hand side
- Next to Ngwena market is an open field and next to the open field is a double storey building, that is the school, turn left at the school and go through the gate
- The missionary school's name is Imbila Nsuma
Travel by road:
The lodge is also accessible by road from Mbala, 4x4 vehicles only.The distance from Mbala is approximately 49km.You take the Kalambo Falls turn off (19 km) from there to the lodge.